Sunday, December 03, 2017

A Prophet at Eighty

Twenty five years ago I wrote a graphic novel called Trees, the Green Testament.
It was heralded as a book of prophecy and I was described as a prophet.
I was no less frightened than the prophet Jonah. He tried to escape the burden of his calling. What he did was to flee on a boat from the city of Jaffa. His attempt was thwarted by his being swallowed by a “great fish.”

I fled from my burden by turning my back on the book, getting on with cartooning, and ignoring the public’s demand for the book.

Now, as I approach the age of eighty, I recognize the error of my cowardly decision.
I am punished by seeing a world in which the Ten Commandments are a threat instead of a guide.
I am shaken by seeing Diaspora Jews condemning the Jewish State.
I am crushed by seeing Christian Churches accepting Replacement Theology, abandoning Israel, and ignoring the genocide of Christians in Africa and the Middle East.
I am horrified by the antisemitism of western colleges and universities.

Now, as I approach the age of eighty, I have republished Trees in an annotated edition (the original but enhanced by explanations of much of the book’s hidden messages.)

You can buy Trees; the Green Testament (Kindle or paperback) at Amazon: http://amzn.to/2vfrJ6x
Or buy a signed copy of Trees; the Green Testament directly from me in Israel: http://store.drybones.com

* * *
The "death of print newspapers" has drastically affected our income, but the growth of social media has greatly improved our ability to fight antisemitism, defend Israel, and promote Zionism.

We, the LSW (Long Suffering Wife) and I are having a greater impact than ever before but our meager income is dwindling. Embarrassing as it is, we are asking Dry Bones fans for your support.
You can donate a fixed amount or you can arrange for a monthly contribution.

Here is a "Help Dry Bones" link. If you like Dry Bones please click on it.
Help Dry Bones

Much love,
Yaakov Kirschen - Dry Bones
Sali Ariel - LSW (Long Suffering Wife)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,