Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Purim Snow (1987)

(1987) Dry Bones cartoon: Purim snow winter spring.
Today's Golden Oldie is a Dry Bones cartoon done for the run-up to Purim in 1987!

The past few days here in Israel have been gorgeously Spring-like. Next Sunday will be the holiday of Purim. The conversation in the cartoon is a conversation I've had dozens of times with other Israelis. In fact, I'd had the conversation so many times by 1987 that I decided to put it into a cartoon. In Tel Aviv it doesn't snow. Tel Aviv kids just get rained on, and occasionally get to see Jerusalem or Golan Heights snow on their TV screens.

I haven't seen the weather forecast in a couple of days. I've been too busy. But today the temperature dropped a bit. And as I felt the beginning of a chill in the air, I thought "Here comes Purim ...maybe there'll be snow."

Labels: , , , , ,