Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday Mail: June 10, 2007

Letters Fron Dry Bones
Posting a cartoon every weekday leaves no room for me to simply share news, ideas, and other stuff with you. So welcome to 'Sunday Mail: Letters from Dry Bones', the new, once-a-week Dry Bones feature.

Letters Fron Dry Bones
Item One: Dry Bones on YNet
YnetNews.com is the English-language website of Yediot Ahronot (Israel's biggest selling Hebrew daily). YNetNews recently announced the addition of Dry Bones cartoons to their opinion pages. They slipped the notice into an online news report headlined: "Dry Bones sweeps JIB Awards".

Letters Fron Dry Bones
Item Two: New Schedule
When I was the staff cartoonist of the Jerusalem Post, I had a deadline. It was 8PM. I did a cartoon in the evening and everyone read it in the paper the next morning.

Here in the blogosphere, life is different. If I post a Wednesday cartoon at 6:00AM Wednesday morning(Israel Time) it's still Tuesday night in New York, and only 8 in the evening in LA. I want you to read my Wednesday cartoon on Wednesday, but because I don't know where you are, I don't know when you are. This has all been complicated by the erratic behavior of the automatic emailings to subscribers.

So, starting today, here's the NEW SCHEDULE! I will (G-d willing) post the daily cartoon each day between 10:00AM and 1:00 PM(Israel Time). I will then personally send out the emails (I've taken over the previously "automatic" emailing). Let me know how it goes for you.

Letters Fron Dry Bones
The past few Sundays I've given you links to some fun "learning Hebrew" stuff... forgetting that some of you can't read the Hebrew letters. Forgive me. So if you can't read Hebrew, Item Three is for you!.

Item Three: Fun Way to Learn to Read Hebrew.
So if you want to learn to read Hebrew there's a cool piece of software just for you. Actually, even if you can read Hebrew it's a neat way to tune up your skills. You can download the program for only $9.95. The price is about to go to $17, but Uncle Bones got them to keep the price at $9.95 for you.

And speaking of cool, before you buy... you can give it a try! They'll let you try Lesson One - "In the Beginning" - online. For FREE!! I can't believe how much fun I had playing with Lesson One. Try it by clicking on Starting With Aleph

...And let me know how it goes.

Labels: , ,