Monday, October 10, 2005

Blogosphere

Dry Bones cartoon - the Rabbi and the BlogosphereFrom time to time I use this Rabbi character. A while back he didn't know what the Web was. The Dry Bones cartoon to the right is from August 2003. Okay, I'll admit it. I'm worried. Dry Bones cartoon - The World Wide WebI got into the Internet before there was the Web. It was a time that pioneering souls felt the freedom of instant communications, email, etc. Then came the World wide Web. We could see pictures! ...and didn't have to use unix commands. Then more and more people began to get their own "Home Pages". In the final(?) stage, the web has become a giant Department Store, and email has turned into a giant spam magnet!
So now I'm worried about the Blogosphere!!
It's still warm and personal, but with increased popularity, what will it turn into?

Like I say, I'm worried.

Labels: